Distribution from a mutual fund not subject to income tax. These are frequently associated with mutual fund investing in municipal bonds. While not subject to federal income tax, these dividends may be subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) or state income tax. It must be stated on the income tax return and by mutual funds on Form 1099-INT.