A nonrefundable education tax credit that may be claimed for students that have yet to complete two years of post-secondary education. The Hope Credit may be taken for tuition and fees, but not for room and board or books. The student incurring the expenses can be either the taxpayer, spouse or dependent. The Hope Credit is for 2008.